Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Moment in Time

Today is a quiet day.

Many changes are in the air, and for the moment, reflection sounded peaceful.  A few quiet moments could lead to an epiphany.  Though it could just as easily lead nowhere.  It doesn't really matter - it's the travel itself, rather than the destination, that has meaning.

I'm expecting a child.  One of those very ordinary things in life we take for granted, despite its potential to change the entire fabric of my being.  What will life be like, I wonder?  It's daunting, to be honest - I like the life I have.  But to be honest, I have always found enjoyment in the life I live - I'm adaptable.  Moments are lost in the sea of eternity, just as they are lost in the finite lives of mortals.  But I enjoy this moment, and it will be sad to see it end.

Lazy days are rare in my life.  In many ways, that is a blessing.  I have a world to explore, and I embrace the exploration, even when it is, as is most frequent, an exploration of familiarity.  But it's nice to sit and enjoy favorite TV shows and the company of my spouse and our kittens.  It is my own lack of imagination which invites a label.  So I will disregard the thought, "boring".

My cat is requesting my attention.  I have books to read.  TV shows are begging to be watched and re-watched.  And I hear a knock on the door.  The lazy day is likely at an end.  So I am off to enjoy the exploration of the familiar, enjoying my quiet moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment