Saturday, July 21, 2012

Changes in the air.

On Tuesday, my husband and I will know the gender of our child. Kinda crazy. It's nice to finally have an answer. If it's a girl, we can breathe a sigh of relief and continue to get ready. If it's a boy, though, we have more discussions ahead. We will need to continue to search for a mutually agreed-upon name and research circumcision, as our first impulses on the issue are currently in opposition. Either way, we'll be pleased, but a girl would be more immediately easier. Though when our daughter hits the Tweens, we may not agree.

This week has been pretty cool, because I've been confidently able to say I'm feeling the baby move around. That's a bit weird though, to be honest. It makes it a little more real. I don't have to worry as much that something has gone wrong if I can feel the baby moving, though, so that's nice. My husband and I are having the kind of conversations you would expect at this stage. What do we want in the nursery? What are our opinions on childcare? Those kind of things. Soon we will need to decide if we want to take birth an childcare classes and things. Lots of decisions ahead. And I want to spend some time enjoying being alone with my husband, too. As I mentioned before, I really enjoy being married. I wonder how our life will change with a child at home. I'm sure it'll be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment