Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Nursery decorating.

My husband and I have painted our nursery. It looks pretty impressive, if I do say so myself, particularly given that I have never painted a room before. My husband came up with a clever pattern for an accent wall, and the colors are really great together. We picked out a chocolate brown for the majority of the room, with the accent wall highlighted with "sail blue", "rainforest green", and cream. It really turned out well. And given that my husband and I have had a preference for these colors in the past, the comforter for the full-size guest bed we have in the room coordinates with the theme.

I am looking forward to getting the crib so we can finally be officially done with the room. We still have things to go through in the rest of the house before we can consider ourselves done with the house overhaul, but still, with one room down, we are that much closer to finishing.

Right now, the nursery looks better than our own bedroom. I have plans to get a piece of supplemental furniture for our bedroom which will help some, but I still think the baby will have a better room than we do, which I find a bit funny.

We are still debating boy names. A lot of people tell me that they debated name into the 8th month of pregnancy. Many people tell me that the baby was delivered before they came up with a name. That is reassuring. And ultimately, I hear it is the mom who fills out the birth certificate, so I suppose I have the final say. Just don't tell the husband, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment